Saturday, February 13, 2010

Day 19: Burn Baby Burn

So I have been doing my challenge now for almost 3 weeks and it has been filled with ups and downs. Ups: Working out a minimum of 4 days a week. Downs: The Pizza, ranch dressing, and fried chicken fingers.
I thought by this point in my metamorphasis to become a world class runner, I would actually like it a tinge more. Wrong. I honestly cannot understand how and why anyone would like to run, unless it's running to a birthday cake or from a lion. Some say that running gives them a "high", in which the closest I have come to this is when I got dizzy and thought about passing out when I forgot my water. I am realizing that becoming a Runner is more than just a physical goal, it's mental. And if anybody is mental, it's me; but I gotta tell ya, this is more taxing than I originally anticipated. Next immediate challenge? A mental makeover. Because I am finding that the real reward here is not in becoming a runner, but rather to actually like to run. And maybe to lay off the Pizza and Ranch Dressing.

Weight loss this week: 0.5lbs (hey, it's something)

P.S- if you want to join in with you own challenge, let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment