Thursday, February 25, 2010

Day 32: The Paunch

I have been M.I.A. this past week, and not to worry, I didn't lock myself in a closet with a mile-high cheesecake. (Don't think it didn't cross my mind, but restraint is a new friend that I am getting acquainted with.) As you know I am going with a theme of change right now, and the newest change has been with career! I recently accepted an offer with Jan Marini Skin Research as a Sales Consultant (if you are an Esthetician, we need to talk) and I am excited about the change. So I will be getting adjusted to that in the meantime and if my posts are more scarce for a while, just bare with me.
Meanwhile, I have been WORKING IT OUT at the gym everyday doing an hour of cardio and training. And I really have noticed a difference in my clothes thus far (I will post pics at some point!) but there is one meandering visitor that is wearing out her welcome. Who is this rude guest? The Paunch. If you have read previous posts then you are vaguely aware of The Paunch. It is the lingering reminder of the Cookie-Carnival and French-Fry-Fest that I enjoyed during my nine month Gestation period. And now it has congregated like the Southern Baptist Convention on what used to be my abdomen, and true to what the Southern Bap's like to sing, It shall not be moved. So it's time to pull out the big guns. The D-word. That's right, Diet. After speaking with a trainer tonight, he suggested that I do not eat carbs after lunch in order to speed up the departure of The Paunch. So, chicken and broccoli (along with irrational mood swings and raging rants), here I come.

No comments:

Post a Comment