Monday, March 8, 2010

Day 43: Seeing Stars

I was in California last week for work (I sound so important, don't I?) and got to meet lots of great people and see lots of...uh... no, scratch that; I didn't see anything but an airport, a hotel, a conference room, and then an airport. But the aerial view was fantastic! Of course as I expected, as soon as I opened my mouth I got the typical, "Oh, where are you from? Alabama?" I soon got tired of defending my Dolly Parton-esque twang and started responding by saying "Canada". Weird, uncomfortable looks followed but it was better than the previous looks of hillbilly pity.
The highlight of my trip? When a Mr. Jonathan Cain from the band Journey came and took a seat beside me on the plane. For those of you who are not familiar with Mr. Cain (first of all shame on you for being so lame), he is the pianist and songwriter behind the group with songs like Faithfully, Open Arms, and Don't Stop Believing under his belt. Being the true journalist that I was always meant to be but got lost somewhere along that path, I immediately started interviewing him like he was on the Barbara Walters Special. He was gracious and obliged this crazy seat-mate that he regretfully sat by on a three hour direct flight. I will never listen to Faithfully the same... sigh.
On to more important and narcissistic subjects- I have been working out like Jesse Spano on diet pills (I'm so excited, I'm so...so... scared!) and have been keeping the diet more lean and low carb at night so I am expecting to be Heidi Klum in 3 weeks. I'll keep you posted on that...
Finally, as this 60 day phase is coming to a close, I have been thinking about other changes that I would like to take on next. If you have a suggestion, I am all ears. So let's open up the floor!

No comments:

Post a Comment